The Milsons - Crosslinks Mission Partners in Valencia, Spain
Julian, Nicky, Jemima, Theo and Koda the chocolate Labrador
“It is estimated that just 1% of the population in Spain are evangelical Christians. Although 75% of Spaniards identify as Roman Catholic, this may reflect a sense of cultural identity rather than personal faith.”
Julian and Nicky Milson are passionate about sharing the good news of Jesus with Spanish people and training up disciples who can advance the gospel for generations to come. As of March 2018 they have lived and worked in Valencia, where Julian is seconded to the IERE (Spanish Reformed Episcopal Church). Julian is part of the ministry team at Iglesia de Jesucristo in Valencia and will soon begin to take on more responsibilities in the leadership of the church.
Nicky’s primary ministry is to support Julian and look after their children, Jemima (12) and Theo (10). Jemima is home schooled by Nicky, and Theo has recently enrolled at The British School of Valencia. As Nicky becomes more fluent in Spanish she will serve the church family wherever her gifts can be used.
Before moving to Spain the Milsons lived in Hove where Julian was the vicar at Holy Cross Church for 11 years. Nicky served at Holy Cross in the children’s ministry, youth work and music.
In Spain they are enjoying getting used to the Spanish way of life and becoming part of the local church community, as well as incorporating many new Spanish delicacies into their diets.
How you can support the Milsons:
- Please pray for the impact of the Lovell family leaving on the Milsons (they are leaving Valencia shortly to return to Australia). Jemima and Theo will miss the children very much; they’ve been incredibly supportive of us here and we will miss them greatly.
- Give thanks for both Theo and Jemima’s school learning - they are working hard and have been very focussed. Both are tired at this stage, and there is still so much more term time to go.
- Please pray for the ongoing Spanish learning a Nicky is sharing classes with Jim (another missionary). Please pray for patience and confidence in language learning.
- Julian is now preaching at almost every service from now on as there’s not really anyone else to help out at the moment. Pray for energy and preparation times and for wise prioritisation.
- Julian has just returned from a Diocesan retreat. Please pray that he can be a gospel influence and a godly example to other clergy he rubs shoulders with.
Please also visit the Milsons’ Crosslinks page for further information, to sign up to their newsletter and for the opportunity to give towards their work in Valencia: https://www.crosslinks.org/people-and-places/europe/julian-and-nicky-milson/ or visit their Facebook group for regular updates: https://tinyurl.com/y7wpfuvf